When it starts getting cold outside, it can be hard to keep your legs warm and the blood flowing through them. When your legs get cold due to the decreased blood circulation, your varicose veins will start acting up and causing significant – sometimes, unbearable – pain. Luckily, there are a few ways you can easily get that blood pumping again. Here are five tips to help improve circulation and stay warm:
- Dryness – The last thing you want to do in the cold is lose body heat. By keeping your legs dry, you can easily keep that heat in. However, if you can't keep the heat in and the moisture out, then you will find yourself cold and damp. One of the best ways to do this is by following the advice below in the layers section.
- Layers – When cold weather hits, many people will start layering up their clothes. However, many people don't know how to effectively do this. You need to have a base and a protective layer that will help to keep any harsh elements far away from the body. Your base layer should wick away the moisture and contain insulating properties. Your protective layer should be water resistant and offer wind protection.
- Exercise – When it's cold out, it's hard to get motivated to get moving. However, it is extremely important to partake in physical activity. Exercising will help your body produce heat as your heart rate increases. This will then help get your blood flowing faster, which will improve circulation and help to prevent those ugly varicose veins.
- Massage – In order to keep your muscles warm, you can rub and massage your legs. This will also improve the blood flow through your legs. You can do this yourself or you can enlist the services of a professional massage therapist.
- Compression – Compression tights are very popular to those who suffer from varicose veins and many other illnesses and diseases. These tights will help to increase circulation and keep your body temperature up.
The best thing you can do for yourself when trying to deal with the pain of varicose veins is to keep that blood pumping through your legs. As mentioned, the most important thing is to keep your legs as dry and warm as possible. If you are interested in eliminating those varicose veins and getting your healthy, beautiful legs back, you may want to speak to an expert who specializes in various varicose vein treatments. For more information, visit http://veinvarices.com or a similar website.